Thursday, June 15, 2006

Kids Say....:

...the darndest things... the craziest things ... well, they'll pretty much say anything! Oh, but last night was a moment that I will never forget!

The past couple of nights, I've been hanging out with my little brother (who isn't so little any more... 11, almost 12) playing video games. Well, my game of choice recently has been Mercenaries, in which you play as a government contracted merc in war-torn North Korean.

Like real war-time situations, the military has released a "Deck of 52," each card baring the picture of people involved who are wanted, based on their connection with the opposing faction. With that being said, last night's goal was to take down the Ace of Clubs... I'm not gunna lie - it's a pretty intense game and so was this mission!

Well, I'm sitting here just having an awful time trying to complete this contract, but I come up with a brazen idea to take out these radar jammers that were hindering the mission: strap some C4 to the hood of this jeep, drive full tilt into the enemy, bail and blow it...

So I climb my guy up unto the hood and start to plant the charge when I hear this little voice sitting next to me singing:

"I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.!"

God bless video game inspired patriotism.

3 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger matthew said...

haha

that's funny and kinda scary maybe :)

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

the laughter flows...and there wasn't even orange juice

hey starcraft tomorrow?

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger CAG_fourth said...

wow, anymore I wish I could be that patriotic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home