Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Make-shift Medicine:

So, if you weren't grossed out by yesterday's post, I have an addendum for you. Over the past day, I have decided to take the doctor's advice, but with a slight twist. You see, I'm not too keen on the idea of branding the underside of my thumbnail, nor would I prefer barbaric methods if modern are availible.

Enter "the butterfly"

If you're familiar with medical termonology, a butterfly needle is much smaller than your average, run-of-the-mill hypodermic needle. It is characterized by the two plastic tabs or "wings" on either side of the needle - hence the name butterfly. Having a father that works in the medical field is helpful when you need the right tools.

My weapon of choice in the war to keep my finger drained has been the butterfly needle. I have kept the doctor's two holes open and proceeded to bore my own tonight... might need a bigger needle for it though. The butterfly keeps them open, but I need something that with serve as a better auger.

I'd take pictures and post them - but that'd just be twisted.

5 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Twisted is food, and my curiocity peaked.... Pictures away!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

no pictures. its twisted and gross. and yucky.

but posting pictures seems like something a youth pastor might do.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Exactly what Liz said! So post away!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Missy said...

actually, I'm really curious too. pictures please?

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I second the Jew! Or there might be violence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home