Monday, February 26, 2007

An Aimless Post:

It is 11 pm on the evening following a very huge step in pastordom: leading your first service... ever. In all honest, I have no sweet clue why I am awake. My body is screaming at me to go lay down, but my brain is not putting that to action.

I do some of my best and worst thinking during these times.... Jack Handy once said that right before a mad scientist goes made, he is only partially mad... and these are the times when he is going to throw the best parties. I have no intention of throwing any parties... but I still will think. Don't ask me why... it might be too much thought to figure it all out.

Days like today are filled with mixes of emotions, both highs and lows. I kid you not, I feel like every time I finish preaching, I will go through a period of adrenaline and moments later, I am completely drained. At this point, I am at the "I've pretty much given everything that I could mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually..." stage.

I think this is why withdrew from the crowd after He did ministry. (Disclaimer: I am totally saying that I'm Jesus here!) I think He was onto something good. With that in mind... I'm glad that Monday is my Sunday.

I plan to rest.... maybe I'll take His lead and withdraw to a quite place....

Like the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home